Last night, I watched the finale episode of What Not to Wear via my DVR with tears streaming down my face.
It hit me hard that I’ll never get a chance to see the interaction between Stacy and Clinton again. Their partnership should go down in history as one of the best couplings ever by two people who are not actually a couple.
Although I haven’t always liked the public humiliation that is part of the concept of WNTW, for the most part, the “contributors” (victims) are happy that they were part of this ten-year phenomenon. And I have learned a lot from WNTW.
I had breakfast with some friends this morning and brought this up as a possible topic for my blog. It was interesting to hear that I’m not the only one who has learned something from Stacy and Clinton. Here are some examples:
- Never wear mom jeans — especially those in a light wash. Our closets are full of dark wash jeans that fit our derriere.
- One’s accessories do not have to match one’s clothing — my friend showed us the beautiful purple and black animal print infinity scarf she was wearing which looked smashing with her teal shirt.
- Never go out in public in one’s gym clothes — and NEVER in white sneakers.
- Don’t show both your “girls” and your legs — some mystery is sexier than none.
- Don’t dress for the body you wish you had; dress for the body you have now.
I could go on and on, but if you’re a What Not to Wear watcher and you are in mourning right now, you understand my pain.
If you’ll excuse me, I have to go put on my completer piece before leaving the house. Love you, Stacy and Clinton.